- Flattend rice /Poha/ Atukulu- 1 cup
- Dry/ Fresh Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Grated Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Ghee / clarified butter- 4 tsps
- Cardamom pods- 2 crushed
- Cashew pieces- Handful
- Water - little less than 1/4th cup
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a pan and roast the cashew to light brown. Remove and set a side.
- In the same pan add 2 tsps of ghee add the poha. Roast the poha in low heat until crisp.
- Remove and set a side and cool.
- In the same pan add the rest of the ghee and roast the coconut till pale brown. It takes about two minutes.
- In a mixer add poha, cardamom and coconut and grind it to a fine powder. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- In a pan add water and the grated jaggery. Let the jaggery melt. Turn off the heat. We are looking for jaggery to just melt, no string consistency.
- Slowly add the jaggery syrup little at a time to the poha coconut mixture. Add in the roasted cashew. Now take a small portion of the mixture and try forming a small ball/laddu.
- Consume the Laddu with in 3 days.